This supplement provides funding relief to culture and tourism non-profit organizations who have suffered revenue losses related to declines in tourism visitation.
Non-profit organizations can apply for up to $20,000 each.
The Yukon Historical and Museums Association is administering this supplement, with funding from the Department of Tourism and Culture.
A COVID-19 impact survey of non-profit organizations, held in September 2020, helped to inform this program.
Non-profit organizations who:
- are part of the culture and tourism sectors;
- are registered in Yukon and in compliance with Yukon Corporate Affairs;
- have experienced or expect a year-end deficit between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Funding recipients need to:
- report actual year-end figures by April 30, 2021; and
- return excess payments.
This fund can support museums and cultural centres if they meet the deficit criteria.
If you don't meet the criteria, we can work with you to identify other programs that may help.
The organizations that will take priority are those that:
- are facing the greatest financial losses; and
- have the most limited means to recover from those losses.
Apply for funding
Apply to the Yukon Historical and Museums Association to access this fund.
On their website, find:
- the application form;
- instructions on how to apply;
- more detailed guidelines on eligibility and evaluation; and
- administrator contact information.
The deadline to apply is February 8, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.