The 2019 contest is now closed and we are reviewing the submissions.
We run this contest for an art piece that celebrates spring every year. We feature this piece on a collectible poster that we distribute to communities across Yukon and Alaska.
This contest is sponsored by Yukon Energy.
Submit your artwork
You can submit as many art pieces as you like. The deadline to submit your entry is February 11, 2019 before 4 p.m. local time.
- Prepare your artwork submission. You need an image of your art and a brief description of your piece that includes the medium and size. Do not submit the actual art piece.
- Submit your entry.
In person: 10 Burns Road in Whitehorse, Yukon. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Department of Environment (V-5R)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- A jury will judge the pieces and we will contact you if you win.
- We will announce the winner at the end of March and release the poster to the public.
- An honorarium of $500 will be awarded to the successful artist.
Pick up a free copy of the poster:
You can get a free poster at these locations (After April 1).
- Department of Environment office at 10 Burns Road in Whitehorse.
- Government of Yukon Main Administration Building at 2017, 2nd Avenue in Whitehorse.
- Swan Haven Interpretive Centre.
- Various community centres and offices throughout Yukon.
2018 contest winner: Claus Vogel
Claus is a freelance travel writer and photographer who has traveled extensively throughout Alaska and Canada's Arctic as well as throughout Madagascar, the Galapagos, and across Latin America and the Caribbean. When he is not travelling he is teaching high‐school science, math and photography. He has taught in northern Quebec as well as on Baffin Island and currently resides in Yukon. His stories and images appear in various editions of the Rough Guide Travel Series and in magazines. Follow Claus's work on Instagram.
Contest winner: Claus Vogel
Contest winner: Amber Church
Contest winner: Gureeta Rai
For questions about the poster contest, email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-8291 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 8291.