- Determine if you are eligible
- Complete the renewal form
- Provide all other supporting documents required
- Pay your annual fee
- Submit your application, supporting documents and fee
Determine if you are eligible
All practical nurses in Yukon are required to hold a licence and renew it every year. Licences expire annually on January 31.
An interim licence will allow you to work under supervision and use the title of interim practical nurse.
You can only renew an interim licence once. After 1 renewal, you must apply for a full licence.
Submit your renewal application before November 30. This will ensure we can process your licence before it expires.
Applicants who have not renewed by March 31 must apply for reinstatement and pay all necessary fees.
It is illegal to work in the new licence year before we have processed your application.
You are eligible to renew an interim licensed practical nurse (LPN) licence if you meet all of the following requirements.
- You hold a current interim LPN licence in Yukon.
- You have registered to write the Canadian Practical Nurse Examination (CPNRE) examination.
- You have never renewed your licence or have renewed it only once.
- You meet the requirements in the following steps.
Complete the renewal form
Provide all other supporting documents required
1. Verification of registration
- Complete this form if you are registered to practice in another jurisdiction.
- You must complete this form every year.
- Complete the first section of the form.
- Send the form to the appropriate regulatory body.
- The regulatory body will return the fully completed form directly to us.
- We do not accept forms submitted by applicants.
2. A copy of your confirmation of registration for the CPNRE
3. Criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check
- You must have a new criminal record check done every 5 years.
- Visit your local RCMP detachment to request the record check.
- If you live in Yukon, the RCMP will send your results directly to us.
- If you receive the results, please forward them to us with your application.
Pay your annual fee
Interim licence renewal: $200.
Fee for applications processed between February 1 and March 31: $40
After March 31, applicants must apply for reinstatement and pay all applicable fees.
You are not eligible to work in the new licence year until we have processed your renewal or reinstatement application.
Complete the payment information form and include this and your fee with your application. You can pay your licence fee by cheque or credit card.
Submit your application, supporting documents and fee
Submit your entire application renewal package before November 30. This will ensure we can process your licence before it expires. It typically takes 30 business days to process a renewal application.
The package must include:
- your completed form;
- all supporting documents; and
- your payment form and licence fee.
We will confirm you have met all legal requirements before issuing a renewed licence.
Submit your application package
- In person or by courier: 307 Black Street in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 4:30 p.m. Our office postal code is Y1A 2N1.
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 867-667-3609
Government of Yukon
Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (C-5)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
For questions about renewing an interim practical nurse licence email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5111 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext 5111.