All pharmacists in the Yukon must:
- hold a Yukon licence; and
- renew their licence every year.
Types of licences
- You can renew full licence types.
- You cannot renew intern or student licenses.
The licence type listed below includes information on:
- continuing competency requirements;
- the documentation you'll need to provide to renew; and
We recommend reviewing this information before you apply to renew your licence.
The renewal period begins February 1. Apply for your renewal by March 1. This ensures we can process your licence before it expires March 31.
If you do not apply for your renewal by March 1, you’ll need to pay a late fee of $200.
It's illegal to work in the new licence year before we've renewed your licence.
If you have not renewed your licence by March 31, you must:
- apply for reinstatement; and
- pay all applicable fees.
Contact our office for more information.
We typically review applications within 30 business days. We'll confirm you've met all the legal requirements before we issue your licence.
We cannot process your application if you have not provided us with all the documentation we need.
A full licence allows you to:
- use the title of pharmacist; and
- work to the full extent of Yukon regulations.
You're eligible to renew a full licence if:
- you hold a current full licence in the Yukon;
- you continue to hold a pharmacist licence in another Canadian jurisdiction and are in good standing in that jurisdiction; and
- you’ve met all continuing competency requirements.
Continuing competency requirements
The Yukon’s Pharmacists Regulation requires pharmacists to keep their knowledge and skills up to date. You must do this by fulfilling annual continuing competency requirements. This includes a specific number of continuing education hours.
You can only claim hours in your application that you completed in the year immediately before your renewal application.
You must have at least 15 hours of continuing professional education (CE).
Log into the portal to see what activities and supporting documentation we accept.
You must also provide us the following when you renew online.
- Verification of registration from all jurisdictions you are currently licensed in
- A criminal record check (we require a new check every 3 years)
- Proof of liability insurance for the following amounts:
- $2 million per individual claim
- $4 million annually
- Proof of first aid if you have an endorsement on your licence, required every 2 years
- Proof of CPR if you have an endorsement on your licence, required every 2 years
- The portal gives more information on how to submit these.
- Provide your documents in an electronic format such as PDF, JPG and PNG.
- Upload the documents we require directly through the portal.
Fees and payment
Annual licence fee: $100
Late fee: $200 (Charged to applications received after March 1.)
If we approve your application, we'll email you an invoice for your annual licensing fee. Once you receive this invoice, you can pay through the portal.
All pharmacists licensed in the Yukon can apply for the following endorsements.
Injections – intramuscular or subcutaneous
The following documentation must be submitted when you apply:
- Proof of completing a Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy Competency – Mapped Accredited Immunization and Injection Program
- Proof of first aid
- Proof of CPR
Initial prescribing: Schedule A – listed minor ailments
No supporting documentation is required.
Initial prescribing: Schedule B – listed preventable diseases
You must provide proof you've completed travel vaccine course work.
Initial prescribing: Schedule C – designated drugs
You do not need any supporting documents.
You must provide all your supporting documents in an electronic format such as JPG, PDF or PNG.
How to add an endorsement with your application
To add an endorsement with your application, go to “Request a licence change” when logged into the online portal. You'll find the “Request a special endorsement” button there which will guide you through process.
1. Log in.
2. Update your continuing competencies.
- Click on the “Continuing competency” tab in the top menu.
- Review what’s required, what you can claim and the documentation we need.
3. Apply to renew your licence.
- Click on “Licensing” and “Renew my licence”.
- Here you’ll find the step by step process to renew your licence.
- Upload all the necessary documents and information we ask you for.
4. Complete the application form
- Submit the form.
For questions about the renewal process, email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5111, toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5111.