Chronic Conditions Support Program offers a supervised exercise program for Yukoners living with 1 or more chronic conditions.
- a pre- and post-program assessment with a clinical exercise specialist; and
- access to a group exercise program 2 days a week for 8 to 10 weeks.
The clinical exercise specialist team teaches participants how to exercise safely while considering their individual needs. There is an on-going intake for this free program. Participants can self-refer or be referred by a member of their health care team.
Who can take part?
Yukoners of all ages are eligible if they have:
- a chronic condition; and
- coverage under the Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan; or
- applied for Yukon health care insurance.
Where is this service available?
You'll find these services in various locations throughout Whitehorse.
Community nursing staff in communities can refer Yukoners to the program.
Access this service
- Contact your health care provider.
- Speak to your doctor.
- Visit your community health centre.
- Phone: Chronic Conditions Support Program 867-667-8733; toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8733.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your health care provider will fill out a form to refer you to the Chronic Conditions Support Program.
For more information, email email@example.com, or phone 867-667-8733, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8733.