Use the Timber Harvesting Incentive to get money back for the timber you harvest for your business.
You’re eligible for the incentive if you:
- are a commercial timber harvesting business registered in the Yukon; and
- have a valid Yukon Corporate Registry number.
You are not eligible if you’re in arrears under the Forest Resources Act.
The timber you harvest must meet certain criteria in order for you to receive the incentive.
Timber harvested in the following areas is ineligible for the incentive:
- mining claims;
- agricultural land;
- Settlement Land; or
- private land.
Timber you harvest under a Government of Yukon contract is also ineligible. This includes, but is not limited to, timber harvested for:
- fuel abatement projects;
- land clearing;
- right-of-way establishment or maintenance; or
- campground wood supply.
You can receive $10 per cubic metre ($22.65 per full cord) of timber harvested.
Apply for the incentive
- Complete the application form.
You can pick up hard copies of the form at your local Compliance, Monitoring and Inspections office and the Forest Management Branch.
- Attach the required documents.
- Up-to-date forest resources harvest reporting for the application period.
- We'll ask you to provide a proof of purchase for the volume of timber harvested. This must include the name, address and contact information of the timber buyer.
- Submit your application to the Forest Management Branch.
In person: Forest Management Branch, 91807 Alaska Highway, Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 4:30 pm.
Government of Yukon
Forest Management Branch (K-918)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
After you apply
Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
If your application meets the requirements, you'll receive the amount you applied for within 12 weeks.
The Forest Management Branch will contact you if:
- your application is incomplete and requires additional information; or
- you're ineligible.
If you have any questions about the Timber Harvest Incentive, contact the Forest Management Branch. Email email@example.com or phone 867-456-3999.