Motor Vehicles office encourages the access of services by phone and online

Due to health advisories about the COVID-19 pandemic, Yukoners are encouraged to limit in-person visits for the protection of staff and the public. Use online services, such as vehicle registration renewal, or contact our office by phone to find out which services can still be provided. Learn more

Transfer your driver's licence from a jurisdiction outside Yukon

Driver licences recognized in Yukon

If you have a valid driver’s licence from one of the following places, you can apply for a Yukon driver's licence:

  • Canada
  • United States of America
  • Germany — a sign test is required
  • Isle of Man

If you've held your driver's licence for less than 2 years in a jurisdiction outside Canada you will need to enrol in the Graduated Driver’s Licensing (GDL) program.



For questions about licensing or vehicle registration email, phone: 867-667-5315 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5315.

You can also contact any of our 11 community Motor Vehicles offices.