Transition your society

This site supports you as you transition your society to the Yukon’s new Societies Act. Societies registered in the Yukon have until March 31, 2023 to submit their transition application. The new Act and regulations came into effect on April 1, 2021.


Who does not need to transition

Your society does not need to transition if it did any of the following after April 1, 2021:

  • incorporated;
  • continued in the Yukon from another jurisdiction; or 
  • amalgamated with another society to form a new Yukon society.

Contact us

The Corporate Affairs office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at 307 Black Street, 1st floor in Whitehorse.

Phone: 867-332-7950, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5314

Fax: 867-393-6251


Mail: Government of Yukon

Corporate Affairs (C-6)

Box 2703,

Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

Give us your feedback