This supplement has been added to the Yukon Business Relief Program (YBRP) and is administered by the Department of Tourism and Culture.
It provides more funding relief to Yukon's visitor-dependent, non-accommodation tourism sector.
This supplement can provide you with up to $20,000 per month, up to the point of breaking even (not suffering a loss but not making a profit). The most 1 business can receive is $60,000.
Up to $1 million in total has been allocated for this supplement. It's a 6-month program.
This program is open to Yukon visitor-dependent businesses. This includes home-based businesses. Businesses who rely on visitors for at least 60% of their revenues are considered "visitor-dependent".
- have reached or will reach their maximum under the
- provide services or experiences to visitors for at least 5 months per year;
- can demonstrate they attributed at least 60% of their 2019 revenue to tourism visitation;
- are operating their business over the period they are seeking support; and
- meet at least 3 of the following criteria:
- has an office with a physical address in Yukon;
- is subject to the Yukon Income Tax Act;
- is registered under the Business Corporations Act or the Partnership and Business Name Act, where applicable, and
- has a valid municipal business licence, where applicable.
The following are not eligible for this supplement:
- Accommodation businesses who received support through the Tourism Accommodation Sector Supplement.
- Aviation businesses.
Businesses owned in whole or in part by the following organizations are not eligible:
- the Government of Yukon and its corporations;
- the Government of Canada and its corporations;
- Yukon First Nations governments and their corporations;
- religious organizations; or
- societies (not for profit organizations).
This funding is available for:
- the quarter of October 1 to December 31, 2020 (or any portion of it); and
- the quarter January 1 to March 31, 2021.
How to apply
- Read the detailed guidelines.
- Download and complete the application form.
- Download and complete the profit and loss worksheet.
- Download and complete the information sharing agreement, or provide other supporting documents as outlined in the guidelines.
- Submit the application form and all required documentation:
In person: 100 Hanson Street, 1st Floor, Whitehorse. We are open Mondat to Friday, from 8:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Tourism Non-Accommodation Sector Supplement (L-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
The deadline to apply for this supplement is February 28, 2021.
Other funding information
If you already get Yukon Business Relief Program support
Contact your intake advisor with the Yukon Business Relief Program to discuss your circumstances.
If you do not already get Yukon Business Relief Program support
Follow the guidance on how to apply.