- About the Advisory Committee on Nursing (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member of the Advisory Committee on Nursing (Yukon)
- Current members
About the Advisory Committee on Nursing (Yukon)
The Committee was created to make recommendations to the Minister, Department of Health and Social Services, on improving nurse human resource planning and management, including nurse retention and recruitment, in the territory.
- Authority: Health Act, section 37 and Yukon Advisory Committee on Nursing Remuneration Regulation
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: no legislated requirements required to join
- Term: varied
- Meetings: 4 times per year
- Department: Health and Social Services
- Honoraria: OIC 2009/207
Apply to be a member of the Advisory Committee on Nursing (Yukon)
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
There are no members appointed to this advisory committee
For questions about the Advisory Committee on Nursing (Yukon) phone 867-668-8721, or fax 867-668-8899.