- About the College Board of Governors (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member of the College Board of Governors (Yukon)
- Current Members
About the College Board of Governors (Yukon)
The board governs the activities and programs of Yukon College. The College is not an institution of the Yukon government and, except to the extent an agency relationship is created by a contract with the government, the College is not an agent of the government; however, the government appoints one or more members to the Board.
- Authority: Yukon College Act, section 6
- Type: governing
- Appointment process: order-in-council
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: not to exceed 3 years but may be reappointed for a further term
- Meetings: Friday evening and all day Saturday once a month.
- Department: Education
- Honoraria: OIC 1998/166
Apply to be a member of the College Board of Governors (Yukon)
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Carol Geddes, member from December 19, 2018, to December 18, 2021
- Christopher Milner, member from June 23, 2017, to June 22, 2020
- Ernie Prokopchuk, member from July 5, 2018, to July 4, 2021
- Jocelyn Curteanu, member from June 12, 2018, to June 11, 2021
- John Burdek, member from May 1, 2018, to April 30, 2021
- Judy Gingell, member from May 25, 2017, to May 24, 2020
- Julia Salo, member from July 1, 2019, to June 30, 2022.
- Jun Hyeok (Eric) Kim, member from January 17, 2018, to January 18, 2021
- Shawn Allen, member from July 1, 2019, to June 30, 2022
- Thomas Ullyett, member from January 1, 2019, to December 31, 2021
- Vera Holmes, member from May 6, 2018, to May 5, 2021
- President of Yukon College, non-voting member ongoing
For questions about the College Board of Governors (Yukon) phone 867-668-8800, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 8800.