- About the Heritage Resources Board (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member of the Heritage Resources Board (Yukon)
- Current members
About the Heritage Resources Board (Yukon)
The Board makes recommendations to the federal and territorial Ministers responsible for heritage and to Yukon First Nations on the preservation, protection, management and development of Yukon heritage as identified in the Historic Resources Act and the Umbrella Final Agreement.
- Authority: Historical Resources Act, section 4 and Umbrella Final Agreement, Chapter 2.12.0 and 13.5.0
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: A person cannot simultaneously be a member of both the Yukon Heritage Resources Board and the Yukon Historic Resources Appeal Board. The majority of representatives of Government and the majority of representatives of Yukon First Nations must be Yukon residents. Members of Boards shall not be delegates of the parties who nominate or appoint them.
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: 2 or more times per year
- Department: Tourism and Culture
- Honoraria: $200 per day
Apply to be a member of the Heritage Resources Board (Yukon)
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Anne Leckie, member from June 15, 2019 to June 14, 2022
- Annette Sinclair, member from June 15, 2019 to June 14, 2022
- Elaine Shorty, member from June 15, 2019, to June 14, 2022
- Gilles (Red) Grossinger, member from December 18, 2018 to December 17, 2021
- John Firth, member from June 15, 2019, to June 14, 2022
- Nancy Pope, member from June 15, 2019, to June 14, 2022
- Norma Germaine, member from March 19, 2020 to March 18, 2023
- Ron Chambers, member from March 19, 2020 to March 18, 2023
- Testloa Smith, member from June 15, 2019, to June 14, 2022
- Zena McLean, member from June 15, 2019, to June 14, 2022
For questions about the Heritage Resources Board phone 867-668-7150, or fax 867-668-7155, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 7150.