- About the Heritage Resources Board (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member of the Heritage Resources Board (Yukon)
- Current members
About the Heritage Resources Board (Yukon)
The Board makes recommendations to the federal and territorial Ministers responsible for heritage and to Yukon First Nations on the preservation, protection, management and development of the Yukon's heritage as identified in the Historic Resources Act and the Umbrella Final Agreement. The YHRB may also be asked to make determinations related to the ownership of certain heritage resources.
- Authority: Historical Resources Act, section 4 and Umbrella Final Agreement, Chapter 2.12.0, 13.5.0, 18.104.22.168 and 13.3.6
- Type: advisory/adjudicative
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: A person cannot simultaneously be a member of both the Yukon Heritage Resources Board and the Yukon Historic Resources Appeal Board. The majority of representatives of Government and the majority of representatives of Yukon First Nations must be residents of the Yukon. Members of Boards shall not be delegates of the parties who nominate or appoint them.
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: 2 or more times per year
- Department: Tourism and Culture
- Honoraria: $200 per day
Apply to be a member of the Heritage Resources Board (Yukon)
Any resident of the Yukon is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Anne Leckie, member from June 15, 2022 to June 14, 2025
- Annette Sinclair, member from June 15, 2022 to June 14, 2025
- Gilles (Red) Grossinger, member from January 12, 2022 to January 11, 2025
- John Firth, member from June 15, 2022 to June 14, 2025
- Norma Germaine, member from March 19, 2020 to March 18, 2023
- Ron Chambers, member from March 19, 2020 to March 18, 2023
- Timothy Green, member from July 14, 2022 to July 13, 2025
For questions about the Heritage Resources Board phone 867-668-7150, or fax 867-668-7155, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 7150.