- About the Minerals Advisory Board (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member of the Minerals Advisory Board (Yukon)
- Current members
About the Minerals Advisory Board (Yukon)
The Board makes recommendations to the Minister for governmental actions in relation to the following matters:
- increasing mineral exploration and development in Yukon;
- attracting capital for the exploration and development of new mines;
- ensuring feasible and timely development of mines;
- improving the potential for producing mines to remain viable;
- participation by Yukon residents and businesses in mining;
- reducing constraints, including governmental constraints, on the development of minerals in Yukon;
- outreach with First Nations to explore the opportunities and benefits of mineral exploration and development in Yukon;
- such other matters pertaining to mineral exploration and development in Yukon as the Minister refers to the Board.
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: no legislated requirements required to join.
- Term: 2 years and may be reappointed
- Meetings: once per year
- Department: Energy, Mines and Resources
- Honoraria: OIC 1999/90
Apply to be a member of the Minerals Advisory Board (Yukon)
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Bradley Thrall, member from February 6, 2020 to February 5, 2022
- Ed Long, member from January 23, 2020 to January 22, 2022
- Heather Burrell, member from November 26, 2020 to November 25, 2022
- Mark Ayranto, member from December 18, 2020 to December 17, 2022
- Paul West-Sells, member from January 23, 2020 to January 22, 2022
- Roger Souckey, member and chair from November 26, 2020 to November 25, 2022
- Scott Donaldson, member from November 26, 2020 to November 25, 2022
- Sebastian Tolgyesi, member from November 26, 2020 to November 25, 2022
- Sidney Schafrik, member from February 6, 2020 to February 5, 2022
For questions about the Minerals Advisory Board (Yukon) email email@example.com or phone 867-633-7952, or fax 867-456-3899, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 7952.