- About the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Advisory Committee
- Apply to be a member of the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Advisory Committee
- Current members
About the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Advisory Committee
The Committee provides advice to the Government of Yukon about: educational and practice standards to be set for psychiatric nurses; educational programs for psychiatric nurses; and qualifications for registration. At the request of the Registrar: reviews applications for registration; advises on what to do about complaints of unprofessional conduct; and advises on the composition of the discipline committee. The Committee also: provides information to the public about the functions and areas of competence and standards of practice for psychiatric nurses; develops and reviews clinical practice statements for psychiatric nurses; participates in national initiatives and provides feedback to the Registrar; and performs any other tasks in keeping with the purposes of the Act.
- Authority: Health Professions Act, sections 3(s), and 5
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: must be a full registrant or an inactive registrant with the Registered Psychiatric Nurses registrar
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: at least once per year
- Department: Community Services
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member of the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Advisory Committee
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- there are no active members at this time
For questions about the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Advisory Committee, phone Jennifer Roach at 867-332-7295, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408.