- About the Students Financial Assistance Committee
- Apply to be a member of the Students Financial Assistance Committee
- Current members
About the Students Financial Assistance Committee
The Committee acts as a selection committee for scholarships and as an appeal board for students whose applications were rejected by the Students Financial Services Officer.
- Authority: Students Financial Assistance Act, ss.6(1)
- Type: adjudicative
- Appointment process: Order-In-Council
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: 3 years and may be reappointed for further term
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Education
- Honoraria: $75 per day
Apply to be a member of the Students Financial Assistance Committee
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Andrew Johnston, member from February 13, 2019 to February 12, 2021
- Gordron (Sandy) Waston member from September 3, 2020 to September 2, 2023
- Kelly McGill, member from September 3, 2020 to September 2, 2023
- Margaret Webb, member from September 3, 2020 to September 2, 2023
- Pat Cassidy, member from February 6, 2020 to February 5, 2023
For questions about the Students Financial Assistance Committee phone 867-667-5141, or fax 867-667-8555, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5141