The Government of Yukon presents annual awards to outstanding Yukon athletes. The awards recognize their achievements from the previous year and honour athletes who achieve:
- a level of excellence in their sport; or
- a special level of accomplishment in their sport.
There are 2 award categories:
- Premier's Award of Sport Excellence; and
- Minister's Award of Sport Recognition.
- Athletes much have competed in an eligible competition and achieved one of the identified standings (see table below).
- Athletes’ results must show their commitment to a training and competition program that helped them achieve excellence.
- Athletes can achieve results in:
- individual competition;
- as a team; or
- as a member of a team.
Premier’s Award of Sport Excellence
- Athletes must meet the criteria for all awards (see above).
- In addition, athletes’ results must have been in a category with at least 5 competitors.
Member of Team Canada in the Olympics, Commonwealth Games, Pan Am Games,
Major international events sanctioned by the national sport organization
|Canada Games or Western Canada Summer Games||PASE||PASE||PASE||PASE||--|
|Western Canadian championships||PASE||MASR||MASR||MASR||--|
|Canada 55+ Games||MASR||--||--||--||--|
|North American Indigenous Games||MASR||--||--||--||--|
|Arctic Winter Games||MASR||--||--||--||--|
Premier's Award of Sport Excellence = PASE Minister's Award of Sport Recognition = MASR
Nomination process and deadline
- Representatives of Yukon sport governing bodies nominate athletes from their sport.
- To get nomination forms for individuals or teams, contact email@example.com.
- The deadline to submit nominations for the 2022 awards is April 21, 2023.
View the lists of previous recipients.
For more information contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org orphone 867-667-5254, toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5254.