The Agriculture Education Program supports agriculture education for youth. This includes:
- educational resources for “agriculture in the classroom” activities and similar educational activities presented by agricultural non-profits;
- preschool, elementary and secondary school agricultural curriculum development; and
- agriculture-related youth development and leadership programs.
Examples of eligible activities.
- Develop, design and print agriculture-related education publications.
- Agricultural activities. This can be farm visits or in-classroom presentations by producers, for school-aged students.
- Travel costs for students to observe and learn about agri-businesses.
- Activities to establish, develop and coordinate youth agri-based programs.
- Producer or processor organizations.
- Agricultural non-profits.
- Producer or processor organizations: up to 75% of the project costs to a maximum of $25,000 per project per year.
- Agricultural non-profits and governments: up to 100% of the project costs to a maximum of $25,000 per project per year.
Apply for funding
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership funding program is now fully subscribed. The funding program intake is now closed and we are not accepting new applications. For questions, contact the Agriculture Branch at email@example.com.
Find out the decision
Most applications are reviewed by a Project Evaluation Committee that meets once a month. The program manager may review some. We will contact you once a decision has been made. This is usually within 2 weeks of the monthly deadline. If your project is approved, we can explain the next steps at this time or you can find them in the programming guide.
Evaluate your completed project
We will release your final payment once you submit:
- the completed evaluation form;
- an itemized list of expenses; and
- copies of receipts.
If you host an event like a conference or workshop, include feedback from attendees.
We make project results, excluding financial details, available to the public.
Find more agriculture funding programs
This program is 1 of many available under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership. See all of our agriculture funds.
About the Canadian Agricultural Partnership
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a 5-year, $3 billion investment by federal, provincial and territorial governments to strengthen the agriculture and agri-food sector. It provides funding to help Yukon’s agriculture industry:
- increase competitiveness, productivity or profitability;
- increase environmental sustainability;
- expand domestic and international markets; and
- improve the anticipation, mitigation and response to risks.
Approved projects under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership program are funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Yukon.