Decide before you ride
Get home safe
Decide before you ride:
- Plan a safe ride home
- Have a designated driver
- Take a taxi or transit
- Call a friend or family member
Is your designated driver sober?
- A designated driver is someone who is not impaired by alcohol or drugs, including cannabis, before driving.
- Just because someone looks sober, does not mean they are. If you think your driver is not sober, choose a different ride home.
Find stats and resources
Stats and research
- Cannabis use driving report
- Marijuana research
- Cannabis driving implications for youth summary 2015
- Driving impaired by drugs (Transport Canada)
- Drug impaired driving (Health Canada)
- Drug impaired driving (Parachute Canada)
Resources for parents and educators
Canadian Centre for Substance Use and Addictions (CCSA)