This supplement has been added to the Yukon Business Relief Program (YBRP) and is administered by the Department of Tourism and Culture.
We recognize that there's a vital need for specific support for accommodations providers through this period of low occupancy due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you're a Yukon business that provides traveller accommodation, you may qualify.
This supplement can provide you with up to $400 per room each month, up to the point of breaking even (not suffering a loss but not making a profit). This applies for rooms you have available for occupancy between October 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
This supplement is part of the Government of Yukon’s COVID-19 business relief efforts. It was originally announced to cover rooms until December 31, 2020. We've extended this period to March 31, 2021.
An eligible traveller accommodation business is a business that:
- has or will exhaust their maximum eligibility under the:
- rents out 3 or more individual rooms, suites or cabins as short-term rentals;
- fits the definition of a traveller accommodation businesses as described under the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code 7211;
- is open and operational during the entire time it’s receiving financial support;
- can demonstrate it operated at a loss across the quarter for which it seeks support;
- meets at least 3 of the following criteria:
- has an office with a physical address in Yukon;
- is subject to the Yukon Income Tax Act;
- is registered under the Business Corporations Act or the Partnership and Business Name Act, where applicable; and
- has a valid municipal business licence, where applicable.
How to apply
If you believe you'll meet the above eligibility criteria and want to apply:
- Read the detailed guidelines.
- Download and complete the application form.
- Download and complete the profit and loss worksheet.
- Download and complete the information sharing agreement, or provide other supporting documents as outlined in the guidelines.
- Submit the application form and all required documentation:
In person: 100 Hanson Street, 1st Floor, Whitehorse. We are open Mondat to Friday, from 8:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Tourism Accommodation Sector Supplement (L-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
When to apply
The deadline to apply for this supplement is February 28, 2021.
If you already get Yukon Business Relief Program support
Contact your intake advisor with the Yukon Business Relief Program to discuss your circumstances.
If you do not already get Yukon Business Relief Program support
Follow the guidance on how to apply.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.