Text area 1
Many injures and fatalities can be prevented by properly securing children in a correctly installed child car seat.
Tips for a safe trip
- Make sure everyone is buckled up for safety.
- Learn to control a rear-end skid.
- Snow plows always have the right of way.
- Stop well before an intersection where equipment is working. Once it is safe, proceed with caution.
- Snow plows have big blind spots.
- Never use cruise control in winter.
- Maintain a safe following distance.
- Add at least 10 minutes to your travel time in winter.
- AWD and 4WD do not help you stop on snow and ice.
If your vehicle’s back end starts to skid, take your foot off the gas and turn into the skid.