You can request the library borrow a book or buy new materials if they don't have the item you are looking for.
Borrow a book from another library
If the item is older than 2 years or out of print, we may borrow the item from another library outside Yukon. The loan period is set by the library lending the book and these books cannot be renewed.
To borrow a book from another library:
- Fill out the request form.
- Submit the completed form:
In person at your local library
Phone: 867-667-5239 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext 5239.
Suggest a purchase
You can make a purchase request for any type of item we have, including DVDs, French materials and eBooks.
To suggest a purchase:
- Contact your local library
- Email: whitehorselibrary.ILLO@gov.yk.ca
- Phone: 867-667-5239 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext 5239
Requests may take up to 6 weeks.