The Ukrainian family support desk provides help and resources for people impacted by the ongoing situation in Ukraine.
The Ukrainian family support desk:
- provides information on federal programs to assist with immigration and family reunification;
- connects employers who would offer employment to Ukrainians arriving in the Yukon; and
- guides Ukrainians looking for employment opportunities in the Yukon.
Phone the Ukrainian family support desk 867-456-3920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Outside regular business hours, we encourage you to email us to receive an automated list of resources.
Find employment opportunities
Foreign workers can use many jobs sites to search for work in the Yukon. Some sites include but are not limited to:
Refugee status in Canada is determined by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (the United Nations Refugee Agency) and the Government of Canada. Learn about how the United Nations Refugees Agency is aiding forcibly displaced people in Ukraine and neighbouring countries.
Only the Government of Canada can handle refugee and asylum claims. Provincial and territorial governments do not manage these claims. Learn about how Canada’s refugee system works.
Foreign nationals registered as a refugee normally come to Canada on permanent resident status. Registering as a refugee is not the only option for Ukrainians who choose to come to Canada. Learn more about the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel pathway.
Updates from the Government of Canada
- View Ukrainian immigration measures: key figures. They update these figures weekly.
- Ukrainian settlement: Travelling to and settling in Canada. The Government of Canada is working with the Canadian Red Cross at 3 major Canadian airports to provide a welcome package to Ukrainians. These packages include information on government and community services tailored to each province or territory.
- Learn about immigration measures for people affected by the situation in Ukraine.
- May 11, 2022:
- March 30, 2022: Canada expands settlement support for Ukrainians coming to Canada
- March 17, 2022: Canada launches new temporary residence pathway to welcome those fleeing the war in Ukraine
- March 3, 2022: Canada to welcome those fleeing the war in Ukraine
- Sign up for email updates from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on immigration and the situation in Ukraine.
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s crisis contact webform. Use the keyword “Ukraine2022”.
- A dedicated federal service channel for immigration inquiries is available for clients both in Canada and overseas at 1-613-321-4243. They accept collect calls.
- Contact the Multicultural Centre of the Yukon to learn about settlement services available to Ukrainians.
To contact the Ukrainian family support desk phone 867-456-3920 or email email@example.com.