This engagement is now closed.
It ran from 2022-11-01 to 2023-02-17.
Check below for where to find results.
Our current recycling system is fragile and financially unsustainable.
To help solve this issue, we're adopting extended producer responsibility, which means large producers that sell products and packaging will be responsible for the recycling or disposal of it.
The 3 priority product categories are:
- printed and packaging products, such as blue box type items (excluding beverage containers);
- household hazardous waste, such as waste paints, fuels and solvents; and
- automotive wastes, such as waste oil, waste antifreeze and their containers.
Extended Producer Responsibility will provide financial sustainability for recycling, keep more waste out of landfills and help us reach our waste diversion and greenhouse gas reduction targets under Our Clean Future.
We want to hear from you about how you think the program should work, including details on:
- what specific products and sources of waste should be included in the regulation;
- service level expectations;
- exemptions for small businesses; and
- program plans and approvals.
Your input will help inform how extended producer responsibility is implemented in the Yukon.
Share your thoughts on the engagement process by sending an email to email@example.com.
Learn about Extended Producer Responsibility.
Download a public information sheet on extended producer responsibility.
Download an information sheet on the details of the extended producer responsibility proposal for producers.