Complete the online survey before May 15, 2023.
Attend an open house in April.
- There will be five in-person open houses held across Whitehorse, as well as one virtual open house.
- Each open house will be hosted in a different neighbourhood in Whitehorse to make them accessible to as many people as possible.
- You are welcome to attend any open house you want; you do not need to live in the neighbourhood or attend the school it is being held at to participate.
We are also engaging with educational partners and hosting focus groups for students and educators.
Upcoming open houses
- Monday, April 17 - 6 to 8 pm - Zoom
- Access the Zoom meeting here
- Meeting ID : 873 6239 0197
- Tuesday, April 18 - 6 to 8 pm - Kwanlin Dun Cultural Centre multi-purpose room
- Wednesday, April 19 - 6 to 8 pm - CSSC Mercier main atrium
- Saturday, April 22 - 10 am to 12 pm - Porter Creek Secondary School cafeteria
- Monday, April 24 - 6 to 8 pm - Elijah Smith Elementary School multi-purpose room
- Wedneday, April 26 - 6 to 8 pm - Takhini Elementary School library
If you have any questions about participating in the engagement please contact email@example.com.
We want to hear what Yukoners’ needs, ideas and considerations are for Whitehorse-area school facilities.
The Whitehorse schools replacement ranking, released in 2022, identifies Whitehorse schools to be renovated or replaced in the coming years. The ranking is based on a broad set of weighted criteria, including:
- building condition;
- enrollment demand;
- utilization; and
- support for an adaptive, modern and integrated learning environment.
The Government of Yukon recognizes that plans for building, upgrading and renovating school facilities should also reflect the values and needs of the users and the community. We are looking to public engagement to tell us about the user experiences in Whitehorse school infrastructure in consideration of these themes:
- modern learning environments;
- connection to the outdoors;
- cultural, inclusive and accessible spaces; and
- other elements the public determines.
Your ideas, concerns and values may inspire or influence planning decisions for renovations or enhancements to schools in Whitehorse and will help inform future development of an updated Whitehorse school replacement plan.
Read the Whitehorse schools replacement ranking to get an overview of the current ranking of Whitehorse schools.
We will publish a What We Heard report in summer 2023.
The Government of Yukon values the input of Yukoners to the decision-making processes for all Yukoners. If there is something we could do to improve the engagement process please share your thoughts by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.