Self-isolation facilities provide space for people who cannot self-isolate in their own home. The main facility in Yukon is in Whitehorse at the Coast High Country Inn with 75 rooms available. Spaces are also available in:
- Watson Lake;
- Dawson City;
- Beaver Creek;
- Eagle Plains;
- Haines Junction; and
- Destruction Bay.
Who can ask to use a self-isolation facility in Yukon?
- People who've arrived in Yukon from domestic or international travel.
- People transiting through Yukon who are unable to do so within the required 24 hours.
- People required to self-isolate by the Public Health and Safety Act. This includes:
- people waiting for test results for COVID-19;
- people who’ve had close contact with a COVID-19 case; and
- people who are positive for COVID-19.
- People who are unable to self-isolate in their own home.
- Self-isolation facilities are not limited to Yukon residents.
Who cannot use a self-isolation facility?
People arriving from Atlin, Lower Post, Jade City, Fireside and Pleasant Camp are exempt from the CEMA self-isolation order. They cannot ask to stay in a self-isolation facility.
Self-isolation facilities are not intended as housing for essential workers. The self-isolation facilities remain available only for self-isolation.
Employees arriving in Yukon to work
Employers are responsible for the self-isolation of employees coming to Yukon for work. This includes mining companies, placer miners and private businesses.
- People can self-isolate alongside people who are not self-isolating by following guidelines for self-isolation.
- People who are better served by an existing support system should use it.
- People can still connect with social supports in a self-isolation facility.
- We do not reimburse people for their costs if they self-isolate in a hotel.
If you need help to self-isolate, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the COVID-19 InfoLine at 1-877-374-0425 between 7:30 a.m. and 8 p.m., 7 days a week. If you need self-isolation outside of these hours, an emergency contact number is provided on the voicemail.