The Government of Yukon values the work of the Yukon public service and is pleased to announce a new collective agreement in place with the Yukon Employees’ Union. The three-year agreement contains several updates and new provisions to benefit employees – including wage increases of 10.5 per cent over three years for members, in line with the recently negotiated agreement for federal public servants.
This was a particularly long round of collective bargaining as there were some significant factors, most notably the increased inflation rate and availability of the parties, that influenced negotiations.
The Yukon government has 120 days following ratification by the union membership to implement the new collective agreement, which covers approximately 3,515 employees. Once in place, the new agreement will be in effect until December 31, 2024.
I believe this agreement is fair and balanced overall, as it recognizes the value of our employees and the services they provide to all Yukoners, while upholding our fiscal responsibility as a government when it comes to managing public funds.
Minister of the Public Service Commission Sandy Silver
I want to thank the negotiating teams who have worked so hard to get us to an agreement. Negotiations are not always easy, and they require hard work and a relationship of trust and mutual understanding that must be built and rebuilt.
Public Service Commissioner Sherri Young
Higlights of the new agreement include:
- Increase in Acting pay from 5 per cent to 10 per cent
- Increase in Auxiliary Benefit Allowance from $2.00 to $4.00
- Increase in Shift Premium from $2.25 to $3.00
- Increase in Retention Allowance for Social Workers
- New Retention Allowance for Correction Offers I & II $3,000
- New Retention Allowance for Student Support Services $1,000
- New Nurse Pay Grids
- New Midwives Pay Grid
- New Retention Allowance for Primary Care Paramedics (PCP) $3,000 and Critical Care Paramedics (CCP) $6,000
- New Retention Allowance for a Primary Health Care Nurse (PHCN) $8,000 and Primary Health Care Nurse In Charge (PHCNIC) $18,000