Premier Sandy Silver and the new Government of Yukon Cabinet were sworn in today by the Commissioner of Yukon Angélique Bernard.
In addition to his role as leader of the territory, Sandy Silver will be the Minister responsible for the Executive Council and the Department of Finance.
The additional Members of Cabinet and their portfolios are:
- Tracy McPhee – Deputy Premier, Minister of Justice and Minister of Health and Social Services
- John Streicker – Minister of Energy, Mines and Resources, Minister responsible for Yukon Development Corporation, Minister responsible for Yukon Energy Corporation, Minister of the Public Service Commission and Minister responsible for French Language Services Directorate
- Ranj Pillai – Minister of Economic Development, Minister of Tourism and Culture, Minister responsible for Yukon Housing Corporation, Minister responsible for Yukon Liquor Corporation and Minister responsible for Yukon Lottery Commission
- Jeanie McLean – Minister of Education and Minister responsible for Women’s Directorate
- Richard Mostyn – Minister of Community Services and Minister responsible for Yukon Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Nils Clarke – Minister of Highways and Public Works and Minister of the Environment
I have confidence in this team of individuals and am excited to get back to the work of governing to improve the quality of life for all Yukoners. Our experience working together in government only makes us stronger and that groundwork has provided a stable foundation to push onwards. I look forward to collaborating with all MLAs; I know we can work together to do great things for the Yukon.
Premier Sandy Silver
The Liberal minority government was elected on April 12, 2021, with a total of eight members.
Premier Sandy Silver was first elected as a Member of the Legislative Assembly on October 11, 2011, and is the first Premier elected from the Klondike riding.