June 14 to October 3, 2021
- Popular with anglers and hunters.
- Canoeists can start a 350-km journey on the Big Salmon River (Gyò Cho Chú / T’à Tlèn Hîni) to Carmacks from here.
- Both the Northern Tutchone and Tlingit names refer to the large salmon that spawn in the river from August to September, attracting grizzly bears.
- Visit an old army truck and interpretive panel just north of the campground.
- The gate will remain open after service to this campground has ended. Register your stay (payment not required). Bring your own wood and toilet paper and pack out your garbage.
Campground peak times:
May June July August September
Map download :
Quiet Lake North Campground map (217.57 KB)
Bear proof garbage bins
Sandy or cobble beach within short walking distance