- A great place for a picnic or overnight stay on your Dempster Highway adventure.
- Nestled in one of the few boreal forests stands in the region.
- The campground is named after the river, whose Gwich’in name, Chii Deetak, means “river flowing between the rocky hills.”
- The open tundra begins to the north and goes to the Beaufort Sea.
- The Arctic Circle is a 40 km drive to the south.
40 km north of the Arctic Circle.
Bear proof garbage bins
Blue bear-proof recycling bins
Bear proof cache
Tent pads or sites available via walking trail