About Yukon Grown
The Yukon Grown program increases public and food-retailer awareness of products grown in the Yukon.
The goal is to:
- build awareness of Yukon-grown products;
- build on partnerships among stakeholders;
- help Yukon farmers sell more their products; and
- increase food self-sufficiency.
Qualification for Yukon Grown products
Agriculture and food products identified as Yukon Grown must meet the following criteria.
For livestock production
Yukon Grown is defined as livestock, meat or meat products derived from livestock that:
- was born and lived its entire life in the Yukon;
- spent a minimum of 51 per cent of its life in the Yukon; or
- lived in the Yukon for at least 1 complete calendar year.
For crop production
Yukon Grown is defined as plants or plant material and the products derived from these plants that:
- originated from a source in the Yukon;
- was grown in the Yukon for no less than 51 per cent of its life cycle; or
- has been nurtured in the Yukon for at least 1 complete year.
For processed foods
Food and beverage items that were manufactured within the Yukon where the main ingredient is a Yukon Grown certified item, having been grown, caught, or raised in the Yukon.
Get listed as a provider of Yukon Grown products
Our Yukon Grown list is of local providers offering products that qualify for our program. You can apply to join our program if you produce or provide qualifying agricultural or food products.
The Yukon Grown program includes:
- food processors;
- caterers; and
Benefits of joining the network
- Being on the Yukon Grown program list
- Direct promotion to potential Yukon Grown clients and customers
- Inclusion in our Yukon Grown marketing and promotional efforts
- Use of authorized Yukon Grown marketing and promotional materials
You’re a local provider offering qualifying products that are eligible under the Yukon Grown program.
Join the Yukon Grown program
- Contact the Agriculture Branch
In person: Room 320 in the Elijah Smith Building, 300 Main Street in Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: 867-667-5838 or toll free: 1-800-661-0408 extension 5838
- We’ll provide you with an application form.
- Complete and sign the application form.
- Submit your application to the Agriculture Branch.
- We’ll review your application and inform you if you qualify.
- If you qualify, we'll provide you with our authorized Yukon Grown marketing materials.
- We’ll then add your information to the Yukon Grown program list.