Apply for a rent subsidy

The Canada-Yukon Housing Benefit is a rent subsidy program delivered by the Yukon Housing Corporation. The program provides a portion of rent to eligible low- to moderate-income Yukoners.


To be eligible for the Canada-Yukon Housing Benefit you must:

  • be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident or refugee status;
  • be a Yukon resident for at least 3 months;
  • be renting a house in Yukon and not receiving any other housing benefit or subsidy;
  • have an annual household income (combined income of all adults 19 or older who are living in the home) under the Affordable Household Income Limits for your eligible unit size (based on the National Occupancy Standards);
  • have less than $100,000 in assets;
  • file an annual Canadian Income Tax Return; and
  • have income from a qualifying source such as:
    • employment;
    • Employment Insurance;
    • short-term Workers Compensation;
    • short-term disability;
    • alimony payments;
    • Training Allowance;
    • Old Age Security;
    • Guaranteed Income Supplement; or,
    • pension income.

Apply for the Canada-Yukon Housing Benefit:

  1. Fill out the application form.
  2. Attach any required documents:
    • 1 piece of government issued photo identification for all persons 19 years old and over and 1 piece of government issued identification for all persons 18 years old and under;
    • For all members of the household over 19 years old: a current Proof of Income Statement from the Canada Revenue Agency (to contact the CRA call 1-866-426-1527); and
    • ​a copy of your current lease agreement.
  3. Submit your completed application form to the Yukon Housing Corporation.
    In person: Drop your application off at a local Yukon Housing Corporation office.
    Fax: 867-667-3664
    Government of Yukon
    Yukon Housing Corporation
    Box 2703 (Y-1)
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
  4. We'll send you a letter to let you know we've received your application.

For more information about the Canada-Yukon Housing Benefit, email or phone 867-667-5712 or toll-free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408 extension 5759.