The BARS-Cannabis certification course is mandatory for everyone who sells cannabis.
The course explains what your responsibilities are to your customers and helps you assist your customers to make informed and safe choices.
Some of the topics covered in this program are:
- legislation and policy
- how to tell if someone is intoxicated
- what is cannabis and its properties
- health risks associated with cannabis use
- cannabis potency
- rules for selling cannabis
- acceptable identification
- buying and transporting cannabis
- when to refuse to sell cannabis
This online training course will take about 3 to 6 hours to complete. You have 30 days after you register to complete the course and exam. If you do not complete the course and exam within that time you will have to register again.
To take the course, you will need:
- the latest version of Chrome browser;
- a video screen 10.5" or larger; and
- a printer, if you need a printed certificate.
The completed certificate must have both your first and last name on it to be valid.