To register you must:
- offer training totalling more than 50 hours in an occupation that's listed on the National Occupational Classification system;
- have your institution physically located in Yukon; and
- have a person physically in Yukon while the school is registered.
The fee to register your private institution is $100 per year. The payment is due at the time of 1st registration and due September 1 of every year thereafter.
The bond is a $10,000 irrevocable letter of credit. It helps ensure that your school;
- meets its contractual obligations; and
- delivers the programs.
Training Completion Trust Fund
This fund helps your enrolled students complete their training if:
- your school, program or course ceases to exist; or
- if your institution becomes insolvent.
How to register
To register email our Employment Programs Officer email@example.com.
What to expect?
Once you’re registered we’ll add you to:
- the list of registered private training institutions; and
- to the Training Completion Trust Fund.
Renew your registration
- Complete the renewal form.
- Gather all required supporting documents. You can find a listing of all the required documents on page 5 of the renewal form.
- Submit the form and supporting documents:
In person: Education Building (entrance to parking on Hospital Road), 1000 Lewes Boulevard in Whitehorse. We’re open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Department of Education (E-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5141 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5141.