Get help when phones don't work

Out of cell phone service area

Cell phone service is not available everywhere in Yukon. If you are outside cellular range, use a landline to call 9-1-1 or a satellite phone to call 001-867-667-5555.

Cell phone disruptions

If cell phone service is disrupted or inconsistent, keep trying to call 9-1-1 or your community’s local emergency numbers. At the same time, send someone to call from a landline. Community RCMP detachment offices have emergency landlines outside the door.

Telephone failure

If there is no telephone service, send someone to report the emergency in person.

  • In the City of Whitehorse, go to one of the fire halls. They will radio for assistance. They are located on 305 Range Road or 2121 2nd Avenue.
  • Outside of Whitehorse, listen to the radio for locations where emergency personnel will be stationed.