This engagement is now closed.
It ran from 2020-07-15 to 2020-11-30.
Check below for where to find results.
Download the results from the fall 2020 COVID-19 student learning survey:
Download the results from the summmer 2020 COVID-19 student learning survey:
Fall 2020 survey:
The survey was completed by 2096 respondents, with participation from 1349 parents, 498 students and 249 school staff.
This is a brief overview of some of the findings from this engagement. Please review the full report for more detailed results.
- 60% of students, 55% of parents and 45% of school staff who responded said they ‘Often’ or ‘Always’ feel Safe when asked about the health and safety routines at their school.
- 60% of students, 65% of parents and 74% of school staff who responded said they ‘Often’ or ‘Always’ feel Informed about the health and safety routines at their school.
- 49% of students and 45% of parents who responded feel they or their child is on track with their learning progress after learning at home last school year. 60% of school staff said that impacts on academic progress and/or achievement show similar patterns to before the pandemic (those already struggling continue to have challenges in keeping up).
- 49% of students and 37% of parents who responded said they feel that they or their child are getting the support they need to catch up on their learning from last year.
- 26% of students, 22% of parents who responded said the schedule for Grades 10-12 is having a positive impact on their learning. 48% of students and 69% of parents who responded said it is having a negative impact.
- 51% of Grades 10-12 students and 69% of their parents that responded say that increased teacher support would be most helpful to them to be successful in their learning this year.
Summer 2020 survey:
We’ll consider feedback as we adapt instruction and operations throughout the pandemic to be:
- responsive to student learning needs; and
- plan for the 2020–21 school year.
For more information on student learning, health and safety and school operations during COVID-19, visit: Education and school supports: COVID-19.