Foreign business owners and entrepreneurs can apply to run their business in Yukon via the Yukon Business Nominee Program. Make sure you meet the following personal and business eligibility requirements before applying.
- Achieve a score of at least 65 points on the assessment grid.
- Have at least a high school diploma. If your business requires more education, you must also provide proof of these credentials.
- Have at least 3 years of entrepreneurial or business management experience;
- Have at least 5 years of work experience that is relevant to your business;
- Not be a refugee or have an active request for refugee status with the Government of Canada;
- Have never been denied immigration by the Government of Canada;
- Have no active applications for any other provincial or territorial nominee program;
- Have a net worth of at least CAD $500,000. You must also have documentation and verification by a Yukon accounting firm that you obtained it through legal means;
- Have a minimum of CAD $300,000 in liquid assets. This includes cash, bonds and cash derivatives. You must also have documentation and verification by a Yukon accounting firm that you obtained it through legal means;
- Intend to permanently live in Yukon;
- Agree to live in the Yukon with dependents, if applicable, while managing and investing in your own business in the Yukon;
- Hold a position within your business of National Occupational Classification (NOC) TEER 0 or 1;
- Have not yet purchased or started your business in the Yukon at the time of your application to the program; and
- Show how you will invest at least CAD $300,000 in capital investments for the business in the first 2 years.
- This does not include any capital investments made before your acceptance into the Yukon Business Nominee Program.
- Capital investments include purchases such as property or equipment. It does not include purchases such as a house, vehicles that are only partially for the business and operational or maintenance expenses.
Your proposed business must:
- be a new business or a purchase of an existing Yukon business;
- be managed by you;
- not be a passive investment; and
- belong to any of the following strategic sectors:
- Information technology
- Value-added processing
- Tourism product, attraction, service and facility
- Mining or mineral development
- Cultural industry
- Film and video production
Your proposed business must not belong to any of the following ineligible sectors and activities:
- Passive investments
- Retail, wholesale operation, distribution operation
- Financial service
- Business, consultation and personal service
- Most professional service
- Real estate
- Holding company
- Gas station
Learn more about eligibility in the Yukon Business Nominee Program policy.
For questions about determining your eligibility to apply to run your business in Yukon email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5131 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5131 or come to our weekly drop-in sessions on Thursdays from 1 to 4 p.m.