Foreign business owners and entrepreneurs can apply to run their business in Yukon. Make sure you and your business meet the Yukon Business Nominee Program eligibility requirements.
- Complete the application.
- Complete the Use of a Representative form if you are representing a client.
- Submit the complete and original signed application.
303 Alexander Street, 1st floor in Whitehorse, Yukon.
Government of Yukon
Economic Development (F-1)
- We will contact you within 8 to 10 weeks of receiving your application.
- Applications that meet the program's requirements are placed in a pool of potential candidates. We will hold your application for 6 months.
- We will only ask candidates selected from the pool to submit documents to verify the information contained in the original application. If your application meets the eligibility requirements, we will ask you to do an in-person interview in Yukon.
- After the interview, we will assess you and your business proposal. If we approve your application we will support you in getting a 2-year work permit from the federal government so you can start your new business in Yukon. During this time, we expect you to establish yourself, your family and your business in Yukon.
- We will support your permanent residency application to the federal government at the end of the 2 year permit period if you meet the requirements.
For questions about applying to run your own business in the Yukon email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5131 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5131 or come to our weekly drop-in sessions on Thursdays from 1 to 4 pm.