Both the employer and foreign worker must meet eligibility requirements to apply to the Yukon Nominee Program.
- be a permanent resident of Canada;
- have been operating in Yukon as:
- a registered Yukon business with an office in Yukon for at least 1 year before you apply to the program;
- an industry association with an office in Yukon for at least 1 year before you apply to the program;
- a municipal, First Nation or territorial government for at least 1 year before you apply to the program; or
- a non-profit organization for at least 3 years, with funding for at least 1 year following your application to the program.
- have current and valid required licenses under applicable federal, territorial and municipal requirements;
- be in a registered business that has operated in Yukon for at least 1 year on a full-time basis; and
- not be operating any of the following types of businesses:
- bed and breakfasts of less than 10 rooms;
- hobby farms;
- home-based businesses or distribution operations;
- taxi-cab companies;
- businesses owned and operated by active Yukon business nominees;
- passive investments;
- business consultation and personal services;
- real estate; and
- holdings companies.
Foreign worker eligibility
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible to apply to the skilled worker or critical impact worker programs:
- have a valid temporary work permit (TWP) or student visa, if in Canada at the time of the application;
- not be a refugee claimant, visitor or be under implied status;
- have a guaranteed job offer in Yukon that meets the economic demand and other criteria for nomination;
- provide proof of qualifying work experience:
- Critical Impact Worker Program. You need at least 6 months of full-time relevant work experience over the 10-year period before the date of your Yukon Nominee Program application; or
- Skilled Worker Program. You need at least 12-months full-time relevant work experience over the 10-year period before the date of your Yukon Nominee Program application.
- show you meet the language requirements for the skill level of the position. Language requirements can be found in the Application Handbook; and
- intend to live in Yukon and apply to the Government of Canada for permanent residence within 3 to 6 months of starting work.
Learn more about eligibility for the skilled worker and critical impact worker programs in the Yukon Nominee Program policy.
Express Entry eligibility for foreigners
In addition to the requirements listed above, a foreign worker must also meet the requirements of 1 of the following federal economic immigration programs to be eligible for Express Entry under the Yukon Nominee Program:
For questions about determining your eligibility to apply to a nomination stream email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5131 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, extension 5131.