Public library cards are free for Yukon residents. Visitors to Yukon can get a temporary library card for a $10 refundable deposit. Visitors can borrow up to 4 items at a time.
- A valid driver's licence or equivalent photo identification.
- Yukon resident or visitor.
- Signed parental or guardian consent for children grade 8 and under.
Get a library card in person
- Go to any Yukon public library and get the application from the librarian.
- Complete the application.
- Library staff will review your application and issue you a card.
Get a library card online
Yukon residents without a library card can sign up for a temporary library card number online. This number is valid for 30 days and can be used to access online resources. Sign up for online borrower registration.
Renew your library card
All cards are valid for up to a year. You can renew your card in person or over the phone. Contact your local Yukon public library.