Tourism and Culture is providing special funding for arts-related initiatives in light of COVID-19 impacts.
We're adapting our On Yukon Time program to support artists and organizations in this time of lost revenue and uncertainty. This is a one-time change for the 2020–21 fiscal year.
We're adapting this funding in response to the immediate need of our community.
$75,000 is available in total. These funds will help the creative community during our new physical distancing realities.
Applicants may apply to receive up to:
- $2500 for individuals; or
- $5000 for businesses, not-for-profit organizations and collectives.
Applicants may apply for up to 100% of eligible project costs.
Applications for this program are currently closed.
The deadline to apply was April 15, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
Initiatives should relate to 1 or more of these themes:
- finding ways to express Yukon arts or culture when conventional gatherings can't occur;
- arts and culture as a means of uniting and responding to crises;
- celebrating ingenuity in the face of adversity;
- the balance between emergency action and community kindness; or
- another relevant theme of these times, which you propose.
Proposals must respect the Yukon Chief Medical Officer of Health's recommendations. For example, recommendations on gatherings and social distancing.
Funding is available to:
- not-for-profit organizations; and
We'll focus on equitable distribution of funds across Yukon communities.
Apply for funding
Submit a 1 to 3 page description of your initiative, including:
- your contact information (including name, email and phone number);
- full details of the initiative, including participants, budget (with expenses and funding sources), and a timeline;
- dates of the initiative;
- the person or team responsible for organizing the initiative;
- the amount of funding you're requesting; and
- a description of how the initiative is relevant to the objectives and themes listed above.
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A selection committee will assess the applications.
We will communicate results within 4 weeks of the deadline.
If you have questions, email email@example.com.