May 15 - September 7, 2020
380 Klondike Highway
Five Finger Rapids Recreation Site map (850.55 KB)
Bear proof garbage bins
At least one wheelchair accessible outhouse
Viewing structures or signage about local cultural and natural history
- Good place to stretch your legs while driving the North Klondike Highway.
- Features a viewing platform, 219-step staircase and trail with interpretive panels.
- The name comes from the 4 islands that split the river into 5 channels.
- The rapids were a danger for gold seekers during the Klondike Gold Rush.
- In the 1900s, explosives were used to widen this channel.