Bear proof garbage bins
Blue bear-proof recycling bins
Bear proof cache
At least one wheelchair accessible outhouse
Viewing structures or signage about local cultural and natural history
Tent pads or sites available via walking trail
- This undiscovered campground is part of the westbound undiscovered road trip.
- A boardwalk leads to a lookout where you can watch the 60 m high waterfall on the Takhanne River.
- Million Dollar Falls is the endpoint of the Chinook salmon upstream spawning run. This occurs in July.
- The name comes from a U.S. army maintenance camp constructed during the building of the Haines Road and Haines-to-Fairbanks pipeline in the 1940s. The camp has a barracks, officers' quarters and a 21-toilet bathing room. It was rumoured to cost a “million dollars” to build, but was never used.
- Gate closed October 2, 2018.