Bear proof garbage bins
Blue bear-proof recycling bins
Bear proof cache
At least one wheelchair accessible outhouse
At least one wheelchair accessible campground
Hand pump or water tank provided
Sandy or cobble beach within short walking distance
Viewing structures or signage about local cultural and natural history
Swimming area or dock. No lifeguard
- Popular campground and day-use area.
- Close to Haines Junction.
- Has an excellent view of the Kluane and St. Elias Mountains.
- Southern Tutchone name Tsí Män means “red ochre lake,” after red rock on Paint Mountain.
- Sandy beach has a swimming platform.
- Has a short interpretive trail and wheelchair-accessible boardwalk along the lake.
- Be aware of construction at the campground entrance and trailheads.
- Gate closed October 10, 2018.