May 8 - September 27, 2020
Check for special fishing restrictions that protect sensitive lake trout populations.
- Tarfu Lake has good paddling opportunities.
- Good place to spot mule deer and common nighthawk.
- Tarfu means “Things Are Really ‘Fouled’ Up” in military terms.
- Both the lake's Tagish and Tlingit names, Nústséhé Méne’ and Naagas’éi Áayi, mean "fox lake."
- The gate will remain open after service to this campground has ended. Register your stay (payment not required). Bring your own wood and toilet paper and pack out your garbage.
Campground peak times:
May June July August September
Tarfu Lake Campground Map (184.18 KB)
Turn off the Atlin Road and drive 3.5 km down a good dirt road to the lake.
Bear proof garbage bins
Viewing structures or signage about local cultural and natural history