You can access the park from the Atlin Road.
Download a 1:100,000 scale map of the park.
Agay Mene Territorial Park is identified as a Natural Environment Park under Chapter 10 of the Carcross/Tagish First Nation Final Agreement.
- To protect the full diversity of fish and wildlife populations and their habitats in the area.
- To recognize and protect the traditional use of the area by Carcross/Tagish and Teslin Tlingit people in the development and management of the park.
- To recognize the past and current use of the area by Carcross/Tagish people, the Teslin Tlingit people and other Yukon residents in the development and management of the park.
- To encourage public awareness of and appreciation for the natural resources of the area.
- To provide quality sport fishing opportunities in the park.
- To recognize and provide for recreational opportunities in the park for all Yukon people.
Agay Mene Territorial Park has not yet been designated park status under the Yukon Parks and Land Certainty Act.
Park management planning is currently on hold. Once planning resumes, it will be led by the Agay Mene Territorial Park Steering Committee, which includes representatives from the Government of Yukon, Carcross/Tagish First Nation and the Teslin Tlingit Council. The committee will consider the objectives of the park as set out in the Carcross/Tagish Final Agreement when developing a management plan for the park.
The Committee will seek public input at key stages of the planning process. The Government of Yukon and each of the affected First Nations will jointly review the plan before final approval by the Government of Yukon's Minister of Environment.