Bear proof garbage bins
Blue bear-proof recycling bins
Bear proof cache
At least one wheelchair accessible outhouse
Hand pump or water tank provided
Viewing structures or signage about local cultural and natural history
Tent pads or sites available via walking trail
- Often used as a base for travellers heading up the Dempster Highway or into Tombstone Territorial Park.
- Plan to arrive early. It usually fills up quickly.
- A short foot trail goes to the Tombstone Interpretive Centre. The centre is open 7 days a week from late May to mid-September. The centre offers free interpretive walks, talks and special events. The schedule is posted on site.
- Several hiking trails begin at or near the campground.
- A 1 km, wheelchair-accessible interpretive trail leads from the interpretive centre to a beaver pond.
- Another trail loops from the campground through the tundra.
- A third trail goes along the banks of the North Klondike River.
- Pick up a copy of the brochure, "A Guide to Tombstone Territorial Park" for more information on day-hikes and routes throughout the park.