Attend a Science Community of Practice (SCOPe) event
Upcoming events will be listed here, and on our government events page.
SCOPe is open to people within or outside Yukon with an interest in Yukon-based or Yukon related:
- science activities;
- methods; and
SCOPe includes people who produce or use scientific knowledge within and outside Yukon including:
- policy makers;
- educators; and
To join SCOPe Email the Office of the Science Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-456-5564 to sign up.
SCOPe provides scientists and people interested in science opportunities to:
- learn from peers; and
- develop their knowledge base.
- lunch talks;
- field tours;
- informal discussion groups; and
SCOPe has over 300 members. Most of the members work for:
- federal, territorial and municipal governments;
- Yukon First Nation governments;
- consulting companies;
- not-for-profit organizations; or
- in academia.
The purpose of SCOPe is to encourage discussions and information sharing within and outside Yukon government to:
- increase scientific capacity;
- grow science literacy; and
- improve coordination of science activities.
Host a SCOPe event
Email the Office of the Science Advisor email@example.com or phone: 867-456-5564 to share your event ideas.