Our Business, Market and Trade Ready training program is for Yukon tourism businesses. The goal is to improve your business sales and marketing so you can reach clients before they arrive in Yukon. You can take online training or schedule an in-person workshop.
This training is for Yukon businesses where your Yukon tourism products is:
- business and market ready. This means you produce your own product and sell it to consumers; or
- trade ready. This means you sell your product through travel trade distribution channels.
What topics does this training cover?
You will learn how to:
- communicate effectively with travellers while they are planning their vacation;
- develop booking and cancellation policies to help you close the sale; and
- meet your client’s expectations whether they booked direct with you or through the travel trade.
How do I take this training?
Take the Business, Market and Trade Ready course online any time. This series of modules with activities and quizzes will take between 2 to 4 hours to complete.
These workshops usually take a day, depending on the length of discussion. You can expect to do some work on your own as well as group work. There will be shared real-life experiences and you will get a resource workbook to take with you after the workshop.
Schedule a workshop: If your organization or community would like to book a workshop, email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-8723 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 8723.
The training is a collaboration of Tourism Yukon, Northwest Territories Tourism and Nunavut Tourism.