- About the grant
- How to apply
About the grant
Every year, the Community Recreation Assistance Grant (CRAG) offers financial help to communities to cover the basic expenses of providing recreational activities.
- paying staff;
- maintaining and operating recreation facilities;
- running swimming pools; and
- organizing various programs for people to participate in.
To apply for funding under the Recreation Act, you must be one of the following:
- a local authority responsible for organizing recreational activities and in good standing with the Government of Yukon Corporate Affairs; or
- a First Nation local authority responsible for organizing recreational activities.
How to apply
Documentation to submit annually
- Requesting new year funding. The new fiscal year begins April 1.
- Brief description of recreation opportunities created with CRAG funding from previous fiscal year.
Current list of board of directors
- Financial statement and balance sheet for the previous year
- Signed by a board member
- Show CRAG funding in revenues
- Show how CRAG funding was spent as presented at annual general meeting
- Budget for new fiscal year, show CRAG funding in revenues and how the funding will be spent as presented at the AGM
Submit your documents
In person: 4061 4th Avenue, Whitehorse
Email: Signed and scanned documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Government of Yukon
Yukon Sport and Recreation Branch(C-10)
If you have questions about applying for small capital recreation funding, email email@example.com, or phone 867-667-5254, toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5254.