Apply for a community recreation assistance grant

  1. About the grant
  2. Eligibility
  3. How to apply

  1. About the grant

    Each year, the Community Recreation Assistance Grant (CRAG) provides help to offset the core costs of delivering recreation in communities in the areas of:

    • staffing;
    • recreation infrastructure operations and maintenance;
    • pool operations; and
    • programs.



  2. Eligibility

    According to the Recreation Act, applicants must be a:

    • local authority for recreation and are in good standing with Government of Yukon Corporate Affairs; or
    • First Nation local authority for recreation.


  3. How to apply

    Documentation to submit annually

    Cover letter

    • Requesting new year funding. The new fiscal year begins April 1.
    • Brief description of recreation opportunities created with CRAG funding from previous fiscal year.

    Current list of board of directors

    • Position
    • Phone
    • Email

    Finance records

    • Financial statement and balance sheet for the previous year
    • Signed by a board member
    • Show CRAG funding in revenues
    • Show how CRAG funding was spent as presented at annual general meeting
    • Budget for new fiscal year, show CRAG funding in revenues and how the funding will be spent as presented at the AGM

    Submit your documents

    In person: 4061 4th Avenue, Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    Email: signed and scanned documents can be emailed to
    Government of Yukon
    Yukon Sport and Recreation Branch(C-10)
    Box 2703
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Y1A 2C6



If you have questions about the Community Recreation Assistant Grant, contact Sue Meikle at or by phone 867-667-8729 or toll free 1-800-661-0408 ext. 8729.