- Who can apply?
- How much funding can you get?
- Project and facility eligibility
- How to apply
Who can apply?
The organization has to be a local authority for recreation and be:
- in good standing with Government of Yukon Corporate Affairs; or
- part of a First Nations government.
There has to be a sports facility in the community, such as a school, a community hall or something similar.
How much funding can you get?
The maximum funding per community is $20,000. It can be used for up to 100% of project costs.
Project and facility eligibility
- Repairs and upgrades to existing recreation facilities; these can not be Government of Yukon owned buildings.
- Small capital projects.
- Purchase of equipment or furniture that are necessary for the operation of the facility.
Work identified as high priority will be given the highest priority.
- Health and safety concerns
- Structural integrity
- Protection of property
- End of life span
- Skating rinks
- Curling rinks
- Community halls
- Recreation centres
How to apply
Deadlines and project completion
Eligible organizations can submit application at any time of the year. Projects must be completed by March 31.
- Complete the application form.
- Submit the form:
In person: 4061 4th Avenue in Whitehorse. We're open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm.
Government of Yukon
Sport and Recreation Branch (C-10)
If you have questions about applying for small capital recreation funding, email email@example.com, or phone 867-667-5924, toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5924.